Looking for a way to fight pests or weeds in your garden? Many popular insecticides and weed killers are labeled as nontoxic and “biodegradable,” but recent science has shown otherwise.
Studies have shown that when a bee lands on a flower treated with many popular and much-advertised pesticides, they attack the bee’s central nervous system, disorienting it, and damaging its thinking and memory. Bees poisoned by pesticides will struggle and often fail to find their way back to the hive, and thus the colony collapses.
Given that bees are our main pollinator, it doesn’t make sense to use pesticides that have been proven to kill them, especially when there are alternatives that are safe, easy to use, and cost effective. Chances are you’ve already got some of these tucked away in your pantry.
Read more in the article: A Home Gardener’s Guide To Safe, Bee-Friendly Pesticides